The Social Chameleon Show
Sleep when you die. I don't got time for sleep. Sleep is for the weak. These are lies we are feed and made into trophies. We have competitions amongst are coworkers and friends about who got the least amount of sleep. It’s Killing You. Making you less productive, less healthy, less creative and it’s affecting your memory. We talk about these things and more on this episode of The Social Chameleon Show.
Links From The Episode
- Oura ring https://ouraring.com/
- More Than a Ring – The Perfect SolutionThe beautiful Oura ring automatically collects and wirelessly synchronizes data to the Oura app. It measures your physiological signals, with no switches or flashing lights. Just wear it.The free Oura app works on both Android and iOS. Gain quick access to unique insights and practical guidance when it suits you.Oura Cloud is a free online dashboard where you can dig deeper into your data. Find out long-term trends and learn how your lifestyle affects your body and mind.
- Why We Sleep
Unlocking The Power Of Sleep And Dreams
by MATTHEW, PH.D. WALKER
- Dr. Matthew Walker - Sleep Doctor
- CYCLE: Life is a cycle. We are dying from birth, reborn till death. https://vimeo.com/176703851
- WebMD Article Form The Begining Of the Episode https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/10-results-sleep-loss#1
The Drive with Dr. Matthew Walker 3 Part Seris
There are a few AMA's on Dr. Peter Attia's The Drive podcast done after these episodes we highly recommend you check out if you have questions or want to go deep on this topic.
Episode Book Recommendations
The first sleep book by a leading scientific expert—Professor Matthew Walker, Director of UC Berkeley’s Sleep and Neuroimaging Lab—reveals his groundbreaking exploration of sleep, explaining how we can harness its transformative power to change our lives for the better.
Sleep is one of the most important but least understood aspects of our life, wellness, and longevity. Until very recently, science had no answer to the question of why we sleep, or what good it served, or why we suffer such devastating health consequences when we don't sleep. Compared to the other basic drives in life—eating, drinking, and reproducing—the purpose of sleep remained elusive.
An explosion of scientific discoveries in the last twenty years has shed new light on this fundamental aspect of our lives. Now, preeminent neuroscientist and sleep expert Matthew Walker gives us a new understanding of the vital importance of sleep and dreaming. Within the brain, sleep enriches our ability to learn, memorize, and make logical decisions. It recalibrates our emotions, restocks our immune system, fine-tunes our metabolism, and regulates our appetite. Dreaming mollifies painful memories and creates a virtual reality space in which the brain melds past and present knowledge to inspire creativity.
Walker answers important questions about sleep: how do caffeine and alcohol affect sleep? What really happens during REM sleep? Why do our sleep patterns change across a lifetime? How do common sleep aids affect us and can they do long-term damage? Charting cutting-edge scientific breakthroughs, and synthesizing decades of research and clinical practice, Walker explains how we can harness sleep to improve learning, mood, and energy levels; regulate hormones; prevent cancer, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes; slow the effects of aging; increase longevity; enhance the education and lifespan of our children, and boost the efficiency, success, and productivity of our businesses. Clear-eyed, fascinating, and accessible, Why We Sleep is a crucial and illuminating book.
Indeed, and much more. This is not just another diet and fitness book.
The 4-Hour Body is the result of an obsessive quest, spanning more than a decade, to hack the human body. It contains the collective wisdom of hundreds of elite athletes, dozens of MDs, and thousands of hours of jaw-dropping personal experimentation. From Olympic training centers to black-market laboratories, from Silicon Valley to South Africa, Tim Ferriss, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The 4-Hour Workweek, fixated on one life-changing question:
For all things physical, what are the tiniest changes that produce the biggest results?
Thousands of tests later, this book contains the answers for both men and women. From the gym to the bedroom, it’s all here, and it all works.
You Will Learn (in less than 30 minutes each):
* How to lose those last 5-10 pounds (or 100+ pounds) with odd combinations of food and safe chemical cocktails.
* How to prevent fat gain while bingeing (X-mas, holidays, weekends)
* How to increase fat-loss 300% with a few bags of ice
* How Tim gained 34 pounds of muscle in 28 days, without steroids, and in four hours of total gym time
* How to sleep 2 hours per day and feel fully rested
* How to produce 15-minute female orgasms
* How to triple testosterone and double sperm count
* How to go from running 5 kilometers to 50 kilometers in 12 weeks
* How to reverse “permanent” injuries
* How to add 150+ pounds to your lifts in 6 months
* How to pay for a beach vacation with one hospital visit
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are more than 50 topics covered, all with real-world experiments, many including more than 200 test subjects.
You don't need better genetics or more discipline. You need immediate results that compel you to continue.
That’s exactly what The 4-Hour Body delivers.